Nový Bydžov

Hradecko Region

The city is situated on the river Cidlina 23 km west of Hradec Králové.

The city was established at the beginning of the 14th century with a regular ground plan. The remains of an urban moat have been preserved till today. The Gothic church of St Lawrence dating back to the beginning of the 14th century, the Marian Plague Column with a sculptural group located in the middle of the square, the Neo-Gothic Town Hall, the Neo-Renaissance District House dating from 1899 and the Art-Nouveau building of Spořitelna and the museum belong to significant monuments. 

Show more

Map

Zoom map